I was recently inspired and motivated to read again the Gospels (the biographies of Jesus’ life) but this time with the purpose of writing down Jesus’ commands. So that’s what I was doing this past week and here I am sharing them with you. Just a quick note, if you have never read the Bible, especially the Gospels, one of the most guaranteed things that may happen is that you will read the text out of its context, and one of the easiest ways for something to be misunderstood is when it is taken out of context and bent through one’s own personal interpretation, ideas and presumptions. So if you have never read the Gospel, in order to truly and fully understand the commands of Jesus as simply put down below, please grab a Bible and read the context of these statements/verses. And if you are a Kingdom brother or sister, please enjoy reading – I’m sure you know what this is all about. All in all, whether you’ve read the Gospels or not, I am sure that reading Christ’s commands will be as enriching and inspiring as it was for me. It’s also always nice to have such a quick reference…
… in the gospel of John:
1. [1:39] Come and you will see
2. [1:43] Follow me
3. [2:7-8] Fill the water jars …Now draw some out and take it to the head steward.
4. [2:16] Take these things away from here! Do not make my Father’s house a marketplace!
5. [2:19] Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.
6. [3:7] Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must all be born again, born from above.’
7. [4:7] Give me some water to drink.
8. [4:16] Go, call your husband, and come back here.
9. [4:21] Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
10. [4:35] I tell you, look up and see that the fields are already white for harvest!
11. [4:50] Go home ; your son will live.
12. [5:8] Stand up! Pick up your mat and walk.
13. [5:14] Look, you have become well. Don’t sin any more, lest anything worse happen to you.”
14. [5:28-29] Do not be amazed at this, because a time is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and will come out—the ones who have done what is good to the resurrection resulting in life, and the ones who have done what is evil to the resurrection resulting in condemnation.
15. [5:45] Do not suppose that I will accuse you before the Father.
16. [6:10] Have the people sit down.
17. [6:12] Gather up the broken pieces that are left over, so that nothing is wasted.
18. [6:20] Do not be afraid.
19. [6:27] Do not work for the food that disappears, but for the food that remains to eternal life—the food which the Son of Man will give to you. For God the Father has put his seal of approval on him.
20. [6:43] Do not complain about me to one another.
21. [7:8] You go up to the feast yourselves.
22. [7:24] Do not judge according to external appearance, but judge with proper judgment.
23. [7:38] …let the one who believes in me drink. Just as the scripture says, ‘From within him will flow rivers of living water.’
24. [8:7] Whoever among you is guiltless may be the first to throw a stone at her.
25. [8:11] Go, and from now on do not sin any more.
26. [9:7] Go wash in the pool of Siloam (which is translated “sent”)
27. [10:37-38] If I do not perform the deeds of my Father, do not believe me. But if I do them, even if you do not believe me, believe the deeds, so that you may come to know and understand that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.
28. [11:7] Let us go to Judea again.
29. [11:15] … let us go to him.
30. [11:39] Take away the stone.
31. [11:43] Lazarus, come out!
32. [11:44] Unwrap him and let him go.
33. [12:7] Leave her alone.
34. [12:26] If anyone wants to serve me, he must follow me…
35. [12:28] Father, glorify your name.
36. [12:35] Walk while you have the light, so that the darkness may not overtake you.
37. [12:36] While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become sons of light.
38. [13:14-15] If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you too ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example—you should do just as I have done for you.
39. [13:27] What you are about to do, do quickly.
40. [13:34] I give you a new commandment—to love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
41. [14:1] Do not let your hearts be distressed. You believe in God; believe also in me.
42. [14:11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me, but if you do not believe me, believe because of the miraculous deeds themselves.
43. [14:27] Do not let your hearts be distressed or lacking in courage.
44. [14:31] Get up, let us go from here.
45. [15:4] Remain in me…
46. [15:7] If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you want, and it will be done for you.
47. [15:9] …remain in my love.
48. [15:12] My commandment is this—to love one another just as I have loved you.
49. [15:17] This I command you—to love one another.
50. [15:18] If the world hates you, be aware that it hated me first.
51. [16:24] Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive it, so that your joy may be complete.
52. [16:33] In the world you have trouble and suffering, but take courage—I have conquered the world.
53. [17:1] Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, so that your Son may glorify you…
54. [17:5] And now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory I had with you before the world was created.
55. [17:11] Holy Father, keep them safe in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are one.
56. [17:17] Set them apart in the truth…
57. [18:8] If you are looking for me, let these men go.
58. [18:11] Put your sword back into its sheath!
59. [18:21] Ask those who heard what I said.
60. [18:23] If I have said something wrong, confirm what is wrong.
61. [20:17] Do not touch me, for I have not yet ascended to my Father. Go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’
62. [20:22] Receive the Holy Spirit.
63. [20:27] Put your finger here, and examine my hands. Extend your hand and put it into my side. Do not continue in your unbelief, but believe.
64. [21:6] Throw your net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.
65. [21:10] Bring some of the fish you have just now caught.
66. [21:12] Come, have breakfast.
67. [21:15] Feed my lambs.
68. [21:16] Shepherd my sheep.
69. [21:17] Feed my sheep.
70. [21:19] Follow me.
71. [21:22] You follow me!
…in the gospel of Luke
1. [4:8] You are to worship the Lord your God and serve only him.
2. [4:12] You are not to put the Lord your God to the test.
3. [4:35] Silence! Come out of him!
4. [5:4] Put out into the deep water and lower your nets for a catch.
5. [5:10] Do not be afraid…
6. [5:13] Be clean!
7. [5:14] Go and show yourself to a priest, and bring the offering for your cleansing, as Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.
8. [5:24] I tell you, stand up, take your stretcher and go home.
9. [5:27] Follow me.
10. [6:8] Get up and stand here.
11. [6:10] Stretch out your hand.
12. [6:23] Rejoice in that day, and jump for joy, because your reward is great in heaven. For their ancestors did the same things to the prophets.
13. [6:27-31] …Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. To the person who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other as well, and from the person who takes away your coat, do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who asks you, and do not ask for your possessions back from the person who takes them away. Treat others in the same way that you would want them to treat you.
14. [6:35] …love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing back.
15. [6:36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
16. [6:37] Do not judge… do not condemn… forgive.
17. [6:38] Give…
18. [6:42] First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
19. [7:13] Do not weep.
20. [7:14] Young man, I say to you, get up!
21. [7:22] Go tell John what you have seen and heard: The blind see, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have good news proclaimed to them.
22. [7:50] …go in peace.
23. [8:8] The one who has ears to hear had better listen!
24. [8:18] So listen carefully, for whoever has will be given more, but whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from him.
25. [8:22] Let’s go across to the other side of the lake.
26. [8:39] Return to your home, and declare what God has done for you.
27. [8:48] Go in peace.
28. [8:50] Do not be afraid; just believe…
29. [8:52] Stop your weeping…
30. [8:54] Child, get up.
31. [9:3-5] Take nothing for your journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, and do not take an extra tunic. Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave the area. Wherever they do not receive you, as you leave that town, shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.
32. [9:13] You give them something to eat.
33. [9:14] Have them sit down in groups of about fifty each.
34. [9:41] Bring your son here.
35. [9:44] Take these words to heart, for the Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men.
36. [9:50] Do not stop him, for whoever is not against you is for you.
37. [9:59] Follow me.
38. [9:60] Let the dead bury their own dead, but as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.
39. [10:2-5] …ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest. Go! I am sending you out like lambs surrounded by wolves. Do not carry a money bag, a traveler’s bag, or sandals, and greet no one on the road. Whenever you enter a house, first say, ‘May peace be on this house!’
40. [10:7-11] Stay in that same house, eating and drinking what they give you, for the worker deserves his pay. Do not move around from house to house. Whenever you enter a town and the people welcome you, eat what is set before you. Heal the sick in that town and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come upon you!’ But whenever you enter a town and the people do not welcome you, go into its streets and say, ‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this: The kingdom of God has come.’
41. [10:20] …do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names stand written in heaven.
42. [10:28] … do this, and you will live.
43. [10:37] Go and do the same.
44. [11:9] Ask…seek…knock
45. [11:35] …see to it that the light in you is not darkness.
46. [11:41] …give from your heart to those in need.
47. [12:1] Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
48. [12:4-5] …do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more they can do. But I will warn you whom you should fear: Fear the one who, after the killing, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!
49. [12:7] Do not be afraid…
50. [12:11-12] …But when they bring you before the synagogues, the rulers, and the authorities, do not worry about how you should make your defense or what you should say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you must say.
51. [12:15] Watch out and guard yourself from all types of greed, because one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
52. [12:22] …do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear.
53. [12:24] Consider the ravens… (They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn, yet God feeds them. How much more valuable are you than the birds!)
54. [12:27] Consider how the flowers (the lilies of the field) grow… (they do not work or spin.)
55. [12:29] …do not be overly concerned about what you will eat and what you will drink, and do not worry about such things.
56. [12:31] …pursue his kingdom…
57. [12:35-36] Get dressed for service and keep your lamps burning; be like people waiting for their master to come back from the wedding celebration, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him.
58. [12:40] You also must be ready…
59. [12:58] As you are going with your accuser before the magistrate, make an effort to settle with him on the way, so that he will not drag you before the judge, and the judge hand you over to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison.
60. [13:24] Exert every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.
61. [13:32] Go and tell that fox (i.e. Herod), ‘Look, I am casting out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.
62. [14:8] …do not take the place of honor…
63. [14:10] …go and take the least important place…
64. [14:12-13] When you host a dinner or a banquet, don’t invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors so you can be invited by them in return and get repaid. But when you host an elaborate meal, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind.
65. [14:35] The one who has ears to hear had better listen!
66. [16:9] …make friends for yourselves by how you use worldly wealth, so that when it runs out you will be welcomed into the eternal homes.
67. [17:3-4] Watch yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him. If he repents, forgive him. Even if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times returns to you saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.
68. [17:10] So you too, when you have done everything you were commanded to do, should say, ‘We are slaves undeserving of special praise; we have only done what was our duty.’
69. [17:14] Go and show yourselves to the priests.
70. [17:19] Get up and go your way.
71. [17:23] Then people will say to you, ‘Look, there he is!’ or ‘Look, here he is!’ Do not go out or chase after them.
72. [17:31] On that day, anyone who is on the roof, with his goods in the house, must not come down to take them away, and likewise the person in the field must not turn back.
73. [17:32] Remember Lot’s wife!
74. [18:16] Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them…
75. [18:20] Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.
76. [18:22] Sell all that you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.
77. [18:42] Receive your sight…
78. [19:5] Zacchaeus, come down quickly, because I must stay at your house today.
79. [19:30] Go to the village ahead of you… Untie it (the colt) and bring it here.
80. [19:31] …just say, ‘The Lord needs it.’
81. [20:3-4] …you tell me: John’s baptism—was it from heaven or from people?
82. [20:24] Show me a denarius.
83. [20:25] …give to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.
84. [20:46] Beware of the experts in the law.
85. [21:8] Watch out that you are not misled. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them!
86. [21:9] …when you hear of wars and rebellions, do not be afraid.
87. [21:14] …be resolved not to rehearse ahead of time how to make your defense.
88. [21:21] …Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. Those who are inside the city must depart. Those who are out in the country must not enter it…
89. [21:28] …when these things begin to happen, stand up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
90. [21:29] Look at the fig tree and all the other trees.
91. [21:31] …when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.
92. [21:34] …be on your guard so that your hearts are not weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of this life, and that day close down upon you suddenly like a trap.
93. [21:36] …But stay alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that must happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.
94. [22:8] Go and prepare the Passover for us to eat.
95. [22:10-11] Listen, when you have entered the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him into the house that he enters, and tell the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?”
96. [22:12] Make preparations there.
97. [22:17] Take this and divide it among yourselves.
98. [22:19] Do this in remembrance of me.
99. [22:31] Simon, Simon, pay attention!
100. [22:32] …strengthen your brothers.
101.[22:36] But now, the one who has a money bag must take it, and likewise a traveler’s bag too. And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one.
102. [22:38] It is enough.
103. [22:40] Pray that you will not fall into temptation.
104. [22:42] Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me. Yet not my will but yours be done.
105. [22:46] Get up and pray that you will not fall into temptation!
106. [22:51] Enough of this!
107. [23:28] Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
108. [23:34] Father, forgive them…
109. [24:39] Look at my hands and my feet; it’s me! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones like you see I have.
110.[24:49] …stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.
… in the gospel of Mark
1. [1:15] Repent and believe the gospel!
2. [1:17] Follow me…
3. [1:25] Silence! Come out of him!
4. [1:38] Let us go elsewhere, into the surrounding villages, so that I can preach there too.
5. [1:41] Be clean!
6. [1:44] See that you do not say anything to anyone, but go, show yourself to a priest, and bring the offering that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them.
7. [2:11] …stand up, take your stretcher, and go home.
8. [2:14] Follow me.
9. [3:3] Stand up among all these people.
10. [3:5] Stretch out your hand.
11. [4:3] Listen!
12. [4:9] Whoever has ears to hear had better listen!
13. [4:23] If anyone has ears to hear, he had better listen!
14. [4:24] Take care about what you hear.
15. [4:35] Let’s go across to the other side of the lake.
16. [4:39] Be quiet! Calm down!
17. [5:8] Come out of that man, you unclean spirit!
18. [5:19] Go to your home and to your people and tell them what the Lord has done for you, that he had mercy on you.
19. [5:34] Go in peace, and be healed of your disease.
20. [5:36] Do not be afraid; just believe.
21. [5:41] “Talitha koum,” which means, “Little girl, I say to you, get up.”
22. [6:10-11] Wherever you enter a house, stay there until you leave the area. If a place will not welcome you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.
23. [6:31] Come with me privately to an isolated place and rest a while.
24. [6:37] You give them something to eat.
25. [6:38] How many loaves do you have? Go and see.
26. [6:50] Have courage!… Do not be afraid.
27. [7:14] Listen to me, everyone, and understand.
28. [7:27] Let the children be satisfied first, for it is not right to take the children’s bread and to throw it to the dogs.
29. [7:29] Because you said this, you may go.
30. [7:34] “Ephphatha” (that is, “Be opened”)
31. [8:15] Watch out! Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and the yeast of Herod!
32. [8:26] Do not even go into the village.
33. [8:33] Get behind me, Satan.
34. [9:19] Bring him to me.
35. [9:25] Mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.
36. [9:39] Do not stop him, because no one who does a miracle in my name will be able soon afterward to say anything bad about me.
37. [9:43] If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off!
38. [9:45] If your foot causes you to sin, cut it off!
39. [9:47] If your eye causes you to sin, tear it out!
40. [9:50] Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other.
41. [10:9] …what God has joined together, let no one separate.
42. [10:14] Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them…
43. [10:19] Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.
44. [10:21] Go, sell whatever you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.
45. [10:49] Call him.
46. [10:52] Go, your faith has healed you.
47. [11:2] Go to the village ahead of you….Untie it and bring it here.”
48. [11:3] If anyone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ say, ‘The Lord needs it and will send it back here soon.’
49. [11:14] May no one ever eat fruit from you again.
50. [11:22] Have faith in God
51. [11:25] Whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him…
52. [11:30] Answer me.
53. [12:15] Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.
54. [12:17] Listen, Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
55. [12:30] Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.
56. [12:31] Love your neighbor as yourself.
57. [12:38] Watch out for the experts in the law.
58. [13:5] Watch out that no one misleads you.
59. [13:7] When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed.
60. [13:9] You must watch out for yourselves.
61. [13:11] When they arrest you and hand you over for trial, do not worry about what to speak. But say whatever is given you at that time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.
62. [13:14-16] But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be” (let the reader understand), “then those in Judea must flee to the mountains. The one on the roof must not come down or go inside to take anything out of his house. The one in the field must not turn back to get his cloak.
63. [13:18] Pray that it may not be in winter.
64. [13:21] …if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe him.
65. [13:23] Be careful!
66. [13:35] Watch out! Stay alert!
67. [13:37] What I say to you I say to everyone: Stay alert!
68. [14:6] Leave her alone.
69. [14:13-14] Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him. Wherever he enters, tell the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher says, “Where is my guest room where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?”
70. [14:15] Make preparations for us there.
71. [14:22] …he took bread, and after giving thanks he broke it, gave it to them, and said, “Take it. This is my body.”
72. [14:32] Sit here while I pray.
73. [14:34] Remain here and stay alert.
74. [14:36] Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Take this cup away from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.
75. [14:38] Stay awake and pray that you will not fall into temptation.
76. [14:41] Enough of that!
77. [14:42] Get up, let us go. Look! My betrayer is approaching!
78. [16:15] Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
…in the gospel of Matthew
1. [3:15] Let it happen now, for it is right for us to fulfill all righteousness.
2. [4:7] You are not to put the Lord your God to the test.
3. [4:10] Go away, Satan! …You are to worship the Lord your God and serve only him.
4. [4:17] Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.
5. [4:19] Follow me…
6. [5:12] Rejoice and be glad because your reward is great in heaven, for they persecuted the prophets before you in the same way.
7. [5:16] …let your light shine before people, so that they can see your good deeds and give honor to your Father in heaven.
8. [5:17] Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets.
9. [5:23-25] …if you bring your gift to the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother and then come and present your gift. Reach agreement quickly with your accuser while on the way to court…
10. [5:29] If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away!
11. [5:30] If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away!
12. [5:34-37] … do not take oaths at all—not by heaven, because it is the throne of God, not by earth, because it is his footstool, and not by Jerusalem, because it is the city of the great King. Do not take an oath by your head, because you are not able to make one hair white or black. Let your word be ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no.’ More than this is from the evil one.
13. [5:38-42] …do not resist the evildoer. But whoever strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other to him as well. And if someone wants to sue you and to take your tunic, give him your coat also. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to the one who asks you, and do not reject the one who wants to borrow from you.
14. [5:44-45] …love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be like your Father in heaven…
15. [5:48] …be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
16. [6:1] Be careful not to display your righteousness merely to be seen by people.
17. [6:2] …whenever you do charitable giving, do not blow a trumpet before you…
18. [6:3-4] …when you do your giving, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your gift may be in secret…
19. [6:5] Whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray while standing in synagogues and on street corners so that people can see them.
20. [6:6] …whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret.
21. [6:7-13] When you pray, do not babble repetitiously like the Gentiles, because they think that by their many words they will be heard. Do not be like them… So pray this way:
Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored,
may your kingdom come,
may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts, as we ourselves have forgiven our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
22. [6:16-18] When you fast, do not look sullen like the hypocrites, for they make their faces unattractive so that people will see them fasting… When you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others when you are fasting, but only to your Father who is in secret.
23. [6:19-20] Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth … But accumulate for yourselves treasures in heaven…
24. [6:25] …do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear.
25. [6:26] Look at the birds in the sky: (They do not sow, or reap, or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them.)
26. [6:28] Think about how the flowers (lilies) of the field grow…(they do not work or spin.)
27. [6:31] …don’t worry saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
28. [6:33-34] …above all pursue his kingdom and righteousness… do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
29. [7:1] Do not judge…
30. [7:5] First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
31. [7:6] Do not give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs…
32. [7:7] Ask…seek…knock
33. [7:12] In everything, treat others as you would want them to treat you…
34. [7:13] Enter through the narrow gate…
35. [7:15] Watch out for false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are voracious wolves.
36. [7:23] Go away from me, you lawbreakers!
37. [8:3] Be clean!
38. [8:4] See that you do not speak to anyone, but go, show yourself to a priest, and bring the offering that Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.
39. [8:13] Go…
40. [8:22] Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.
41. [8:32] Go!
42. [9:2] Have courage, son!
43. [9:6] Stand up, take your stretcher, and go home.
44. [9:9] Follow me.
45. [9:13] Go and learn what this saying means: ‘I want mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
46. [9:22] Have courage, daughter!
47. [9:24] Go away…
48. [9:29] Let it be done for you according to your faith.
49. [9:30] See that no one knows about this.
50. [9:38] …ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.
51. [10:5-14] Do not go to Gentile regions and do not enter any Samaritan town. Go instead to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near!’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give. Do not take gold, silver, or copper in your belts, no bag for the journey, or an extra tunic, or sandals or staff, for the worker deserves his provisions. Whenever you enter a town or village, find out who is worthy there and stay with them until you leave. As you enter the house, give it greetings. And if the house is worthy, let your peace come on it, but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And if anyone will not welcome you or listen to your message, shake the dust off your feet as you leave that house or that town.
52. [10:16] …be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.
53. [10:17] Beware of people…
54. [10:19] Whenever they hand you over for trial, do not worry about how to speak or what to say, for what you should say will be given to you at that time.
55. [10:26] Do not be afraid of them…
56. [10:27-28] What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light, and what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the housetops. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the one who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
57. [10:31] …do not be afraid…
58. [10:34] Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth…
59. [11:4-5] Go tell John what you hear and see: The blind see, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the poor have good news proclaimed to them.
60. [11:28] Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened…
61. [11:29] Take my yoke on you and learn from me…
62. [12:13] Stretch out your hand.
63. [13:3] Listen!
64. [13:9] The one who has ears had better listen!
65. [13:18] So listen to the parable of the sower: …
66. [13:43] The one who has ears had better listen!
67. [14:16] You give them something to eat.
68. [14:18] Bring them here to me.
69. [14:27] Have courage! It is I. Do not be afraid.
70. [14:28] Come.
71. [15:10] Listen and understand.
72. [15:14] Leave them!
73. [15:28] Let what you want be done for you.
74. [16:6] Watch out… beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
75. [16:11] …beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees!
76. [16:23] Get behind me, Satan!
77. [17:7] Get up… Do not be afraid.
78. [17:9] Do not tell anyone about the vision until the Son of Man is raised from the dead.
79. [17:17] Bring him here to me.
80. [17:27] …go to the lake and throw out a hook. Take the first fish that comes up, and when you open its mouth, you will find a four drachma coin. Take that and give it to them for me and you.
81. [18:8] If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.
82. [18:9] …if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away.
83. [18:10] See that you do not disdain one of these little ones.
84. [18:15-17] If your brother sins, go and show him his fault when the two of you are alone… if he does not listen, take one or two others with you, so that at the testimony of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. If he refuses to listen to the church, treat him like a Gentile or a tax collector.
85. [19:6] …what God has joined together, let no one separate.
86. [19:12] For there are some eunuchs who were that way from birth, and some who were made eunuchs by others, and some who became eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who is able to accept this should accept it.
87. [19:14] Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.
88. [19:17-19] But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments…. Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.
89. [19:21] If you wish to be perfect, go sell your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.
90. [20:26-27] It must not be this way among you! Instead whoever wants to be great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave
91. [21:2] Go to the village ahead of you…Untie them and bring them to me.
92. [21:3] If anyone says anything to you, you are to say, ‘The Lord needs them,’ and he will send them at once.
93. [21:19] Never again will there be fruit from you!
94. [22:19] Show me the coin used for the tax.
95. [22:21] …give to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.
96. [22:37] Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
97. [22:39] Love your neighbor as yourself.
98. [23:3] …pay attention to what they (the experts in the Law and the Pharisees) tell you and do it. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they teach.
99. [23:8-10] …you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher and you are all brothers. And call no one your ‘father’ on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Nor are you to be called ‘teacher,’ for you have one teacher, the Christ.
100. [23:26] First clean the inside of the cup, so that the outside may become clean too!
101.[23:32] Fill up then the measure of your ancestors!
102. [23:38] Look, your house is left to you desolate!
103. [24:4] Watch out that no one misleads you.
104. [24:6] You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Make sure that you are not alarmed, for this must happen, but the end is still to come.
105. [24:15-18] …when you see the abomination of desolation—spoken about by Daniel the prophet—standing in the holy place” (let the reader understand), then those in Judea must flee to the mountains. The one on the roof must not come down to take anything out of his house, and the one in the field must not turn back to get his cloak.
106. [24:20] Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath.
107. [24:23] …if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe him.
108. [24:25-26] Remember, I have told you ahead of time. So then, if someone says to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe him.
109. [24:32-33] Learn this parable from the fig tree: (Whenever its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near, right at the door.)
110.[24:42-44] …stay alert, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have been alert and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
111. [25:13] …stay alert, because you do not know the day or the hour.
112.[25:34] Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
113.[25:41] Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire that has been prepared for the devil and his angels!
114.[26:18] Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, ‘The Teacher says, “My time is near. I will observe the Passover with my disciples at your house.”
115.[26:26] …Jesus took bread, and after giving thanks he broke it, gave it to his disciples, and said, “Take, eat, this is my body.”
116.[26:27-28] …after taking the cup and giving thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you, for this is my blood, the blood of the covenant, that is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
117.[26:36] Sit here while I go over there and pray.
118.[26:38] Remain here and stay awake with me.
119.[26:39] My Father, if possible, let this cup pass from me! Yet not what I will, but what you will.
120. [26:41] Stay awake and pray that you will not fall into temptation.
121.[26:42] My Father, if this cup cannot be taken away unless I drink it, your will must be done.
122. [26:45] Look, the hour is approaching, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
123. [26:46] Get up, let us go. Look! My betrayer is approaching.
124. [26:50] Friend, do what you are here to do.
125. [26:52] Put your sword back in its place!
126. [28:10] Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee. They will see me there.
127. [28:19-20] …go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
Note: this is from the NET (New English Translation) bible. I like using the NET because the scholars have worked with over 5,500 manuscripts from within a generation of Jesus up to mid II century; and it also has over 60,000 notes of and on the original Hebrew/Aramaic and Greek wording of the manuscripts. It is also translated in a contemporary English, which for someone like me who speaks English as a second language is a true blessings (as compared to the old English in the KJV version for example which is just difficult English for me personally to read).